Friday, July 1, 2011

Intro to ... ME

So this is my first attempt at creating something great and I confess I'm a little nervous. There's a good chance that no one will ever read this stuff and there's a chance that someone will read it and be offended or disagree. But, here goes nothing!

I'm a 30 year old (I've just come to terms with being 30 and it being okay) single Mom. I have two amazing kids, three crazy dogs, two fat cats, one spoiled horse and we're trying to keep it at that for now. I grew up moving pretty frequently so I'm not really sure where I consider myself to be from. My birth certificate says England, my high school diploma says California and now I'm in Texas.

I hope to use this blog as a place to connect with others who are in similar situations, people who want to laugh (at or with me), share great ideas and experiences. Since my divorces I have met more and more people who have had similar experiences and it seems like we're all searching for the same thing ... compassion and understanding. I'd love to think there was a crystal ball out there that I could use to see my future and know that I'm not messing up too badly.

I figured I'd make all my big mistakes young so that I can enjoy the second half of my life with only minor bumps and bruises instead of the mass breaks and wrecks that I've endured so far. As an only child I was both blessed and cursed. I was blessed because I was spoiled, spoiled rotten at times; And cursed because I was the only child to fulfill all of my parents hopes and dreams. Something that I never seemed able to do where my father was concerned. I grew up with a passion for horses and riding. It never went away and now I'm sharing my love of all things equine, canine and feline with my kids. We seem to choose expensive hobbies and are prepared to sacrifice to maintain them. Our current project is a 3 year old OTTB (Off the Track ThoroughBred) mare named Penny. She's a life saver in more ways than one!

My first husband, a US Marine (we're very proud of the USMC) was young, so was I. We were married at 19, had a son at 20 and divorced at 22. This whole story will require it's own space. We divorced and I moved with our son to Texas where my parents were living. Enter ex #2. At first it was a much better choice, he is 12 years older than I am, has more life experience and thinks marriage is a transfer of property. This experience DEFINATELY requires it's own space! We were together for 5 years and one beautiful baby girl. We'll just say it wasn't a "happy ending". 

Gunny

Ranger and Jake



Halloween - we love any excuse to dress up!

Penny

Oscar - Possum will not cooperate with photographers!
So now it's just me and my kiddos, two and four legged! I'm trying to be the best parent that I can be and trying to find my feet again.  Hopefully I'll get to make some great friends in the process and figure out what to do as I ride this crazy ride called life!

No comments:

Post a Comment